How often do we leave lights and electronics, that are not in use, on?
I live with my 11 year old son and it is a habit for us to leave our electronics running. From time to time, he would leave his games on to go watch the television; while charging his portable electronics. There are also times when we would walk out of a room and forget to turn the switch off. To be honest, these ‘bad habits’ have never been a bother to us. However after researching and reviewing the various types of sustainability practices we conclude that, as small as the action may be, we too can practice sustainability.
My son and I are still constantly working towards conserving. Yes, we still have room for improvement, as we are not yet at the point we wish to be, but it is a start. You too can work towards sustainable practices. Below are some ideas of simple practices that you can still enjoy.
- Take showers, not baths.
- Don’t leave taps running.
- Ride a bike, instead of driving, short distances.
- Unplug appliances that are not in use.
- Consider going meatless for at least one week.
- Use both sides of the paper.
- Turn lights off when not in use.
- Plant a tree.
- Use reusable shopping bags instead of plastic bags.
- Install a low-flow shower head .
Hope you find this useful. Looking forward to working together to change this world one step at a time.